- Planning & Development
Planning & Development
To support community management policies, plans, and programs that address a wide range of issues including land use, housing, infrastructure, natural resources, economic development, growth management, and the delivery of services.
Achieving our Vision
Everyday our solutions impact the people we serve.
- Customer Service - Maintain a customer centered focus in our performance measurement process.
- Performance Management - Use Performance Data in Strategic Planning and Operational Decision-making.
- Strategic Leadership - Hold managers and staff accountable for measuring performance using data to improve services, sharing data and using data to communicate and tell a story with constituents.
- Technology Literacy - Ensure information technology is incorporated appropriately for service delivery, information sharing and public access.
Cityworks Public Portal has new link.
Please make note to update your bookmark or use our Bitly link.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Planning & Development Focus Areas
The Planning and Development Department provides strategic planning and local technical assistance to the Metro Townships including Copperton, Emigration Canyon, Kearns, Magna, White City, the Town of Brighton, and the unincorporated area of Salt Lake County.
Our goal is to support community management policies, plans, and programs that address a wide range of issues including land use, housing, infrastructure, natural resources, economic development, growth management, and the delivery of services.
Planning and Development is focused on measurable results to drive operations and the budgeting process. An objective in 2019 was to align a shared vision and management framework by incorporating the organization's goals, targets, business processes, IT projects, policies, staff performance and other key fundamentals.
The overall goal of the department is to reach improvement targets by sharing tools and skill sets needed to integrate individual functions into a single system and framework.
Resources & Tools
Our goal is to support community management policies, plans and programs to address a wide range of issues, including land use, housing, infrastructure, resources, economic development, growth management, and the delivery of services.
- Planning Information Finder - This map will help you to find zoning information based on the address.
- Citizen Problem Reporter - This is a configuration of Crowdsource Reporter that can be used by the general public to submit non-emergency requests.
- Address Lookup - Used for verification of address and jurisdictional boundary