The Greater Salt Lake Municipal Service District (MSD) serves five metro townships (Copperton, Emigration Canyon, Kearns, Magna, and White City), the Town of Brighton, and unincorporated Salt Lake County. If you have any media inquiries, resident issues or inquiries from the communities we serve, please contact:
Communications Manager, Maridene Alexander
- Cell phone: 801-834-9254 or 801-831-7224
- Desk phone: 385-468-6733 cell 801-831-7224, cell 801-834-9254
- Or by email.
The policy of the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District is to foster and encourage an atmosphere of openness and transparency and to:
- Provide the public with timely, accurate, precise, objective and complete information about its policies, programs, services, events and initiatives.
- Employ a variety of ways and means to communicate and provide information in multiple formats to accommodate diverse needs.
- Identify and address communication needs and issues routinely in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs, services and initiatives.
- Consult the public, listen to and take account of people's interests and concerns when establishing priorities, develop policies and plan programs and services.
- Deliver prompt, courteous and responsive service that is sensitive to the needs and concerns of the public and respectful of individual rights.
Stay in the Know
Stay up-to-date with what is going on in your community and in the MSD. We post information about construction projects, road closures, interruptions in utility services, community events, code enforcement, snow removal, breaking news or emergency information and updates. Be sure to sign up to receive the monthly MSD online newsletter or follow our social media platforms: Facebook and Twitter.
Twice a year in May and September, the MSD mails out a printed newsletter to every resident in the MSD service areas. The front page of this newsletter features information about the community and a letter from the mayor. The next three pages feature information and articles about the services the MSD provides to its member communities.