- Human Resources
The Human Resources Department at the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District (MSD) manages the recruitment, training, and retention of its employees. The MSD works as a TEAM to find solutions to challenges in working to serve five townships, one town and all of unincorporated Salt Lake County. The MSD promotes a work environment that values the employee and their contributions, ideas and collaboration. We encourage the professional development of our employees. The MSD provides support to employees on any questions or concerns that may arise from working with a customer and managing or working with other employees.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the MSD. We have a great group of individuals here who love their jobs and their teams. We have a variety of employment opportunities, including planners, long-range planners, plans examiners, building officials and inspectors, code enforcement officers, permitting and licensing technicians, GIS and IT technical support, and administration.
If you are seeking employment at the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District (MSD), we encourage you to take a look at our open positions and check back often if you are looking for a specific position. We only accept applications for open positions. You can browse the list of available positions below, and click on the link to learn more about the position.
Join Our Team
Please use this Application for Employment (PDF) when applying for all MSD jobs.
Send all applications, cover letters and resumes to our jobs email. Include job title in the subject line.
Brooke Barnes, Human Resources and Payroll Manager
- Public Employee Health Plans (PEHP) provides medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, wellness program, and LTD coverage starting on the first day of employment:
- Medical (HSA premium 100% employer paid; PPO 80% employer paid)
- Dental (80% employer paid)
- Vision (single premium 100% paid employer paid then single premium deducted from all other premiums)
- Group Life & Accident Coverage (100% employer paid)
- Long-Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Wellness Program (100% employer paid)
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Coverage
- Utah Retirement Systems (URS) provides retirement options for all eligible employees starting on the first day of employment:
- Utah State Retirement (% of gross income depending on years of service)
- 401(k) with employer match of up to 3%
- ROTH (no employer match)
- 457 (no employer match)
- Short-Term Disability provided through The Hartford (100% employer paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provided through LifeWorks (100% employer paid)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave (100 hours of each type is awarded on the first day of employment for eligible employees; accruals for vacation leave is based on seniority; sick leave accrual is a flat 3.69 hours per pay period for eligible employees)
- Paid Holidays (12 per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to the IRS limit of $5,250; depending on level of degree)
- On-site Fitness Center (50% employer paid)
- UTA Van Pool (80% employer paid)
The MSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Recruitment is open to all persons who meet minimum requirements regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender, sexual preference, pregnancy, military status, age or disability. The MSD will make reasonable accommodations for disabilities.
Brooke BarnesHuman Resources & Payroll ManagerPhone: 385-468-6704
2001 S State Street, Ste. N3-600
Salt Lake City, UT 84190
2001 S State Street, Ste. N3-600 Salt Lake City UT 84190