2023 General Election Information
June 1 to 7, 2023 - Filing Deadline for qualified municipal and metro township candidates - (Declaration of Candidacy)
Tuesday, August 15, 2023 - Primary Election, if needed
August 8 to 15, 2023 - Ranked choice voting filing deadline for candidates
September 4, 2023 - Last day to qualify as a write-in candidate
Tuesday, November 7, 2023 - General Election
Qualifications to Run for Office
- Be a United States citizen at the time of filing
- Be a registered voter of the municipality
- Be a resident in the town, township or city for 12 consecutive months prior to the election.
- Not be a convicted felon unless the right to hold elective office has been restored.
Town of Brighton - Two Council At-Large seats
Copperton Metro Township - One Council At-Large A-seat and one Council At-Large B-seat and Council At-Large C-seat
Emigration Canyon Metro Township - Three Council At-Large seats
Kearns Metro Township* - One Council Eeat each in Districts 1, 3, 5
Magna Metro Township* - One Council Seat each in Districts 1, 3, 5
White City Metro Township - Three Council At-Large seats
* Magna and Kearns Metro Townships opted into Rank Choice Voting, so there will not be a Primary Election in these two communities.