Governor Herbert announced that most cities in Salt Lake County will move from “orange” phase to “yellow” phase with the exception of Salt Lake City, Magna and West Valley City.
What does the “yellow” designation mean?
- People can gather in groups of up to 50 while maintaining social distancing. Practice common sense and personal responsibility.
- Face coverings should be worn when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Check for symptoms before you leave the house.
- Limit out-of-state travel.
- All businesses can open across the state.
- Team sports can resume as long as participants are checked for symptoms first.
- Bars and buffets can reopen their dining rooms with certain hygiene restrictions.
- People still must stay at least 6 feet apart and wear facial masks in public for good social distancing practices.
- Utahns can return to their jobs from working remotely from home though it is advised that travel remains limited.
- Community pools may reopen by practicing social distancing.
Support will continue to be provided to those cities that are still in the “orange phase.” For more information on what this means for you, visit the state’s website at https://coronavirus.utah.gov/utahs-low-risk-phase/