Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Contractor Authorization Form

Change of Contractor Form

Owner Builder Certificate – Printable

Utility Agreement Form


Building permit applications can be submitted through the CityWorks public portal for the MSD.   Click here to fill out an application through CityWorks.

If you are a contractor and have not applied for permits with the MSD before, or if you have not applied for a permit with the MSD since the CityWorks portal was implemented, you will need to fill out a new contractor form in order to be added to the contractor list in the system.

The contractor authorization form should list all employees who have the authority to obtain permits for your company. This form can be changed by you as often as necessary, but any changes will need to be initiated by you. The form must be signed and notarized by one of the qualifiers listed on the DOPL License. 

If applying for a residential building permit as an owner/builder, the owner/building form needs to be filled out and submitted with your application. Please note that in order to qualify as an owner/builder you must be the sole owner of the property, the proposed work has to be for personal and non-commercial, and non-public use and meet the requirements listed from DOPL.

Please complete the attached form and return it as soon as possible. There are two ways to submit the Contractor Authorization Form:

  1. Email the completed Authorization to, OR
  2. You can come to our office, we can notarize the Authorization Form. The Authorization Form must be signed by the qualifier listed on the DOPL LIcense. Bring a copy of your DOPL License and Driver’s Licence for verification and notary. Our office is at 2001 S. State Street, Suite N3-600, Salt Lake City, UT 84190.



Call Now Button