The Human Resources Department at the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District (MSD) manages the recruitment, training, and retention of its employees. The MSD works as a TEAM to find solutions to challenges in working to serve five townships, one town and all of unincorporated Salt Lake County. The MSD promotes a work environment that values the employee and their contributions, ideas and collaboration. We encourage the professional development of our employees. The MSD provides support to employees on any questions or concerns that may arise from working with a customer and managing or working with other employees.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the MSD. We have a great group of individuals here who love their jobs and their teams. We have a variety of employment opportunities, including planners, long-range planners, plans examiners, building officials and inspectors, code enforcement officers, permitting and licensing technicians, GIS and IT technical support, and administration.
If you are seeking employment at the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District (MSD), we encourage you to take a look at our open positions and check back often if you are looking for a specific position. We only accept applications for open positions. You can browse the list of available positions below, and click on the link to learn more about the position.
Join Our Team
Please use this Application for Employment when applying for all MSD jobs.
Send all applications, cover letters and resumes to email@example.com . Include job title in the subject line.
- Building Inspector II
- Code Enforcement Officer
- Community Service and Support Officer (Town of Brighton)
Brooke Barnes, Human Resources & Payroll Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org (385) 468-6704
Benefit Package. All benefits begin on the first day of employment.
- Public Employees Health Plans (PEHP)
- Traditional PPO (employer pays 80% of premium)
- Star HSA (employer pays 100% of premium)
- Traditional (employer pays 80% of premium)
- Premium (employer pays 80% of premium)
- Vision (employer pays 100% of Singl coverage premium)
- Group Life and AD&D (100% employer paid)
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Long-Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Wellness Program (incentives and rebates)
- The Hartford
- Short-Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (100%) employer paid
- Utah Retire Systems (URS)
- State Retirement (employer paid depending on years of service)
- 401(k) (employer match of up to 3%)
- 457 (no employer match)
- ROTH (no employer match)
- Vacation Leave/Sick Leave/Personal Preference Day
- 100-hour bank awarded and then accrues each paycheck based on years of service/seniority
- 100-hour bank awarded and then accrual of 96 additional hours annually
- 8-hour bank awarded annually
- Annual Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day
- MLK Jr. Birthday
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Pioneer Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to $5,250 (depending on level of degree seeking)
- Utah Transit Authority (UTA)
- Van Pool (employer pays 80%)
- Fitness Center
- On-site – fourth floor of Government Center (employer pays 50%)
The MSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Recruitment is open to all persons who meet minimum requirements regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender, sexual preference, pregnancy, military status, age or disability. The MSD will make reasonable accommodations for disabilities.