MSD Planning & Development Services has an online portal for Business Licenses & Inspections called Cityworks. To use this system, you must create an account – it’s quick and easy. You can apply for a business license, print the license, schedule inspections and view inspection results and comments.
▸To submit a new business license application, click here.
- You can find help in submitting your application in the Public Portal Guide – bit.ly/cw-help
▸Please call (385) 468-6700 with any questions.
▸Verify that your business name has been registered with the Utah Department of Commerce.
- You will need to get your Utah Department of Commerce Entity ID #, business name and business address listed. Utah Department of Commerce (801) 530-4849.
▸ Obtain your Sales Tax Number from the Utah Sales Tax Commission (801) 297-2200
- Every seller with an established presence in Utah must have a Utah Sales Tax Submit form TC-69, Utah State Business and Tax Registration, or register online at osbr.utah.gov to apply for a license. Sales tax licenses are not transferable.
Businesses that typically must register for a sales tax license include:
- Retailers selling tangible goods, products transferred electronically or services.
- Wholesalers purchasing resale inventory.