Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

MSD Planning & Development Services has an online portal for Business Licenses & Inspections called Cityworks. To use this system, you must create an account – it’s quick and easy. You can apply for a business license, print the license, schedule inspections and view inspection results and comments.

To submit a new business license application, click here.

  • You can find help in submitting your application in the Public Portal Guide –

Please call (385) 468-6700 with any questions.

Verify that your business name has been registered with the Utah Department of Commerce.

  • You will need to get your Utah Department of Commerce Entity ID #, business name and business address listed. Utah Department of Commerce (801) 530-4849.

Obtain your Sales Tax Number from the Utah Sales Tax Commission (801) 297-2200

  • Every seller with an established presence in Utah must have a Utah Sales Tax Submit form TC-69, Utah State Business and Tax Registration, or register online at to apply for a license. Sales tax licenses are not transferable.

Businesses that typically must register for a sales tax license include:

  • Retailers selling tangible goods, products transferred electronically or services.
  • Wholesalers purchasing resale inventory.



Call Now Button