The Municipal Service District (MSD) completed a Strategic Planning Process which involved Board of Trustee members and administration. The process was coordinated by Insignia Partners. A community survey was conducted throughout all of the MSD member communities. Through the process, the following mission, vision and values were developed.
Mission: MSD’s mission is to provide quality, innovative and cost-effective municipal services to meet the present and future needs of the distinct communities we serve.
Vision: The leader in municipal services that creates, facilitates, and maintains the health, safety, and welfare of our vibrant communities.
Integrity and Transparency
- We safeguard the public trust through honest business practices, open communication, and responsible stewardship of community services and resources.
- We act consistent with our values, understanding that doing the right thing even when no one is looking is key to success; we support and encourage our team in their ethical behavior.
- We willingly share financial, planning, and project information with the public.
- We achieve the best solutions and most creative ideas by working in teams, recognizing and drawing upon the strengths of each member.
- We see our interactions with residents as a professional relationship where we assist them with finding possible solutions; we see opportunities to lend our expertise and experience to resolve the concerns of our constituents.
- We engage employees and the public in productive and respectful dialogue.
Compassion and Respect
- We exhibit compassion and empathy through active listening in our daily activities by gathering all facts and seeking greater understanding.
- We demonstrate respect for the public and for each other, recognizing everyone’s uniqueness.
- We provide responsive customer service in a timely, accurate manner.
- We take ownership of the needs of our communities and seek appropriate solutions.
- We follow through with requests from residents or municipalities and keep them updated along the way.
- We demonstrate long-term financial stability by analyzing our operating methods using qualitative and quantitative data.
- We share financial information, so it is easy to understand by those we serve and expresses the value that is provided to each community.
- We are effective and efficient stewards of our financial resources by aligning our community needs with business practices.
- We make budgets with the best possible projections and compare actual performance to spot opportunities.
- We analyze our actual experience compared to budget to get a quantitative analysis of revenue, expenses, overhead, and impact of debt service.
- We are solution oriented by knowing our customers and improving our services with data, research, quantitative evidence/analysis as well as engagement with the community members.
- We serve our communities and focus on addressing the unique challenges of each and the region as a whole.
- We think systematically and strategically to see the possibilities of addressing problems to continuously improve all our activities and services to best meet community and organizational needs.
- We are constantly looking at new technologies and trends in industries to find the best practices that bring the most efficient and cost-effective solutions.