To apply, please submit the Application, a Cover Letter, and a Resume with references to MSDjobs@msd.utah.gov.
- Follows standard principles and practices of planning and land use.
- Follows applicable State, County and local codes, ordinances and regulations relating to planning.
- Provides information to, and answers questions from groups and individuals on specific planning initiatives.
- May assist or conduct technical assessments or data collection related to long-range plans.
- Writes and presents formal reports, drafted planning elements, and correspondence.
- Meets with and helps facilitate meetings of appointed boards and committees.
- Delivers quality customer assistance by providing general information and technical assistance by responding to phone and e-mail contacts.
- Provides planning assistance to member communities regarding various planning and implementation initiatives.
- Assists with development and maintenance of content for long range planning websites.
- Assists with preparation of materials and planning for community engagement / outreach events.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Work Location: Salt Lake County Government Center 2001 S State Street, Room N3-600 Salt Lake City, UT 84190
Internship Duration: May 2022 – August 2022
Work Schedule: Hours negotiable within Monday — Friday 8:00 am -5:00 pm work week.
Work Hours: 20 hours weekly
Position Type: Paid Internship
Division: Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District (MSD)
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, or other closely related field. Experience with City Works, SharePoint, and ArcGIS Desktop applications preferred.