The following uses are not allowed as a Home Business:
• Motor vehicle, trailer, or boat repair.
• Towing operations
• Welding, iron works, foundries
• Vehicle sales or rentals
• Auto body and/or fender work
• Short-term Rentals
• Mortuaries or crematoriums
• Major appliance repair (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
• Any use involving the storage or sale of flammable, explosive, or hazardous materials.
• Lawnmower or small engine repair
• Home Daycare (a different application is required)
• Home Preschool (a different application is required)
• Any use involving the raising, breeding, training, housing, keeping or care of animals.
• Other uses as listed in the ordinance [19.85]
The following activities are exempted from regulation under this chapter:
• Garage or yard sales provided the sale is held for not more than three consecutive days, and no more than two times per year at the same location, and no consignment goods are offered for sale.
• Temporary social gathering sales that do not exceed one day, such as candle parties, book parties, etc. not to exceed four occurrences per year.
Remember! Federal and State fees may be applied.
See ordinance 19.85 for details.